Name: Rahel Otsa
Education: cultural theory (Tallinn University, BA), travel management.
In addition, I have taken improv workshops from several internationally recognized teachers (Teijo Eloranta, Trent Pancy, Nadine Antler, Ryan Millar, Rama Nicholas, Colleen Doyle, Vinny Francois, Jonathan Briden, Patti Stiles, Inbal Lori, Jonathan Pitts, Jeron Dewulf, Hila Di Castro, Cindy Pittens, etc.). Before improvisational theatre, I was doing forum theatre, taught by the forum group of VAT Theater and Gill Dowsett. I cannot fail to mention also my first theatre teacher, Virko Annus, who introduced me to classical theatre.
Working languages: Estonian and English.
My main activities:
- I conduct improv workshops for team-building or leisure purposes
- I help organize and/or host private and corporate events
- I teach improv at the Rahel Otsa Improv School
- I am the executive producer of the International Improv Festival Tilt.
- I am a member of the European improvisational theatre project Ohana
A selection of projects I am currently involved with or have been involved with in the past:
- 2023 Estonian workshop leader at the EDERED international theatre camp in Hungary
- 2023 one of the speakers of the 28th Pärnu management conference "Confusing times, clear messages". Presentation "How to react to the unexpected? With improv theatre spontaneity" with Karin Künnapas
- 2023 improv workshops at the Short Notice Improv Festival in Oslo
- 2023 directing two pieces about the organisation's history for the annual seminar of The State Shared Service Centre
- 2022 an improv workshop at the Gothenburg improv festival
- 2022 TalTech Labyrinth Run, project manager for the fair introducing the university faculties and organisations
- 2021-2023 producer of the Tamsalu Town Days fair. 2021 producer of the Tapa Town Days fair
- 2016-2020 host at the Tallinna Kaubamaja fair Osturalli
- 2020 improv workshops in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand
- 2019 Estonian workshop leader at the EDERED international theatre camp in Finland
- 2018-2019 improv workshops in Russia, Australia, Vietnam, Singapore, Nepal and China
- 2011-2019 Headmaster and one of the teachers at Jaa !mprostudio
- 2009-2019 creator and artistic and administrative director of one of Estonia's first improv troupes, Jaa !mproteater
- One of the workshop leaders and organizers of the 2018 international long-form improv camp Improv Escape
- 2018 project manager of the Estonian Music Days youth program Mini-EMP
- 2017-2018 Actor and Estonian representative in the EU-wide improv project „Our Lives“ hosted by the Berlin Improv Festival IMPRO 2018. Performer at the Berlin international improv festival and in the spread-out phase of the project in Brussels together with Gilles Delvaulx and improv group Tadam
- 2016-2018 teacher at improv theater-themed children's camps at Teoteater
- 2014-2018 theatre teacher at Rahumäe Secondary School Fine Arts department
- 2017 workshop leader at Russia's first improv theater festival RIIF
- 2017 host at the Baltic Pride open-air concert
- 2016 improv workshop at the Finnish improv troupe IMP birthday festival
- 2016 workshop leader at the Swedish international improvisational theater festival #SWIMP16
- 2015-2017 teaching improv workshops within VAT Theater's educational workshops programme
- 2015 producer of the "Science Date" event organized by the Tallinn Sports and Youth Department in the atrium of Solaris Center
- 2014-2016 improvisational theatre teacher at Mustamäe Children's Creative House
2014 producer of the Tallinn Sports and Youth Departments recognition awards gala "Suured teod" at Theater NO99.
- 2012-2014 head of youth work department at the Estonian National Opera
- 2011 Estonian workshop leader at the EDERED international theatre camp in Belgium
- 2011 Participant in the theatre project "Musa-Arte" working with Shakespeare's texts in Italy
- 2011 project manager at XXX Tallinn Old Town Days opening performance "City with an Open Heart".